Office Hours: 8:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:30pm Monday through Friday

Irrigation Rehabilitation Program

Irrigation Rehabilitation Program Projects Overview

The following is a current list of all projects included in the Bow River Irrigation District approved under this program. Funding for I.R.P. Projects is 75% Government of Alberta grant with the District covering the remaining 25%

Projects Map

Project Locations Map - Click to enlarge

H-1 Pipeline (Vauxhall Block)


This is an open canal which has three small pipelines already served from it. The canal serves over 1650 acres on 14 parcels, and water is currently lost to seepage, evaporation, and spill. The canal will be replaced with a closed pipeline which will tie into the existing pipelines, eliminating all water losses. Delivery will be from Reservoir H (Marshes Lake) with a small delivery channel constructed.


This project was constructed in the winter of 2020/2021 and is now in use with only very minor work remaining to complete as of May 1, 2021. Work was completed on time.

Cost Estimate

Initial estimate: $2,425,000. The final cost will be lower.

Main Canal Drop 3


This project includes replacement of the large cast-in-place concrete drop structure on the Main Canal.


This project is planned for construction beginning in October 2021 with completion in the spring of 2022.

Cost Estimate

Initial estimate: $3,000,000